Let's prepare for the harvest in the suburbs of Dakar.
(all of Dakar apart from a district called Parcelles) - Estimated population : 1 Million
- The economic centre (work & commerce)
- Several multi-ethnic evangelical churches (~ 60 churches)
- Very few Senegalese Christians in these churches.
- Cost of living increasing rapidly with high rent
- Numerous Christians leaving this zone to find cheaper accommodation
- Talibe boys very active
( Districts known as Parcelles, Guediawaye, Pikine, Thiaroye) - Estimated population : 3 Million
- Multi-ethnic population
- High growth rate of the suburban population
- Very few evangelical churches (10?)
- Predominant language : Wolof , spoken by nearly all the ethnic groups
- 95% Muslim, but different religions living 'side-by-side'
- Poverty a characteristic
- Re-focussing on to the suburbs of Dakar
- Language needed: Wolof
- Aim is to reach and integrate the Senegalese
- Reach the 95% (Muslims)
- To work in partnership with the local churches
- To mobilise Christians to better reach the Muslims
- Training for Christians
- « public » / « open » evangelism
- reproduction / planting of other churches (in the suburbs)